The practice will be closed over Christmas and New Year, we will close at lunchtime on Christmas Eve and re-open on Wednesday 5th January 2022 at 8:30am.
Hopefully all will be well and you will be able to enjoy the festive period, however, if you have a dental problem when we are closed do not worry as we have an on call service available.
You will need to decide if you need to see a dentist urgently or if you can wait until we reopen in January.
If you do need emergency treatment during this time, and are registered with us, phone the practice where you can listen to a voice message giving instructions on how to access our emergency care – please listen to the whole message.
The message changes each day, depending on the cover we have in place. Please ensure you follow the instructions for the day you are calling.
We do not have access to our email or social media accounts during this time.
- No routine appointments will be available on Christmas Eve or during the holidays.
- We run the On Call service with several other dental practices in Edinburgh, you may be seen at another practice if it is not Shane, Louise or Heather who is on call that day.
- Denplan patients are covered by their Denplan care contract for emergencies when we are closed and will not be charged a call out fee.
- There is a call out fee & charge for any treatment provided for private patients to be seen.
- Usual fees will stand during this time for our NHS patients using this service. There is no call out fee.
- NHS patients will be seen at Chalmers Dental Centre on Public Holidays & weekends. NHS24 will triage & decide if you need an emergency appointment or not.
The on call dentist is also available for telephone advice. If you think you have a dental issue which may not be classed as urgent or you are unsure if you need to be seen please contact them for advice.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Shane, Louise and all the team at Lauriston Dental Care. We can’t wait to see you all in 2022!0